Thursday, September 10, 2009

What hardware do I need to watch TV on my computer?

Question:

I want to get my cable tv to run on my computer (so i can record some programs) and i need to know what hardware is necessary in order to do this. So I have the tv connected to the computer and it works fine. I have a PC video card installed with a remote control sensor usb plugged in. I think i need a digital antennae converter in order to be able to see the programs on my computer. Is that true? What hardware is necessary?

Answers:

You have two ways to do this. Get a media center pc and hook it up to your home network, so you can stream live or recorded video, or get a TV tuner card, which usually come at around $100. Unless you have an old ATI graphics card that included a TV tuner (if I am right, this was 3-4 years ago), your graphics card does not have a TV tuner built in. Get one, but make sure you have space on your motherboard. Hope this helps.

wish help

http://w3tag.com/sports/

heres one cheap http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1951869&CatId=1427

A TV Tuner card is what you are looking for.Could be a driver issue. Check out this thread for a possible solution: all you need is a TV tuner card...pick it up at any electronics storeTV Tuner card

No comments:

Post a Comment